Thursday 24 May 2012

Widgets and mashups

The web widgets tutorial was pretty interesting and touched on an area we have covered previously in one of the other websites we have researched when looking at RSS feeds. I like the idea that parts of websites can be shuffled and changed around so that the parts of the websites that interest you the most are at the top, or in easily accessible places. For example, I have a dashboard filled with widgets on my home pc so that as soon as I load up my PC, I have the local weather, time and email inbox access.

After watching the tutorial and feeling pretty confident about attaching a widget to this blog, i tried.


And failed.

As you can see from below, I went to WidgetBox and followed their instructions to put a weather widget onto this blog however it hasn't worked. I'm not entirely sure why because I was super confident that I knew what I was doing. I tried a couple more different widgets with the same outcome. I think this may be the time when I ask for help...

No comments:

Post a Comment