Friday 25 May 2012

Week 6: Podcasts

Podcasts are something I know very well from personal use and enjoy regularly from different sources. I download podcasts to my phone by using iTunes and use a different program called Stitcher to search for and stream podcasts. I know how to search for different subjects based and have looked through the podcast directories to see what else is available out there. Some of the links on the original course site have broken so while waiting for new suitable ones to be found, I've had a look at a few other sites for example, a friend of mine runs a podcast site at http://allofwhineandspace.blogspot.com and seen him and his friend record a podcast so have seen the technology available. I think if our learning centre was split over multiple sites, then yes, weekly podcasts would be a good idea to keep staff informed of changes or developments with a more friendly voice than emails or memos. It's also convenient because it means that all staff would not have to be present in the same place for information to be passed on. I admit though, my interest in podcasting is minimal and as such, I don't find the concept of recording one myself to be very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment