Thursday 31 May 2012

Week 8: Reflection, reflection

So web 2.0 eh? What do I think?

Mixed reactions to the content, rubbish reactions to the course! Being so old, most of the links are broken and replacements haven't been uploaded so our librarian has tried to give us substitutes which only works if we're all working at the same speed.

I enjoyed looking into areas that I previously hadn't such as Flickr, seeing other ways to download/upload podcasts, other video streaming sites (apart from YouTube) and widgets.

Widgets was fun because the sheer volume of ready made widgets ready to add to your blog was immense and although some were useful, most were just little bits of fun  :)

The aspects I enjoyed least were: RSS feeds because it took me ages to get them to work! Wikis, because although I understand the benefit in user-uploaded information, I can see that from a research point of view, the information is only trustworthy to a certain degree.

The social networking week was interesting mainly because we couldn't access half of the sites due to the college pc restrictions! luckily, having used some of the sites on personal basis, I had enough experience to help me through that part of the course.

On the whole, there is a lot more to the information available on the internet than I thought, well, a lot more interactive and usable information. The course has taught me a lot about different ways to express yourself online.

No comments:

Post a Comment