Thursday 24 May 2012

****WIDGET SUCCESS!!!****

Ok so after speaking to the resident IT Buff (I'm writing this knowing he's one of the two people in the world that reads this blog), as you can see from my previous post, I have succeeded in embedding a widget into my blog. WHOOP!

Right, onto Mashups now... So Mashups: I get the concept, I kinda like it but... I'm unable to access anything that is vaguely related to social networking on the college PCs so i'm limited in which ones I can look at.
Mappr looks good and I like the concept but since it's now 4 years out of date it doesn't feel like a very appropriate one to spend much time on.
Fizzboost, I can't access.
Montager is very pretty and a nice idea but nothing that I don't think decent photo software couldn't do for you. I like the way the pics enlarge themselves when the mouse goes over them... pretty! yeah pretty!
Flickr colour picker is... weird... I'm not sure I can think of a time in my life where i've ever thought "I wonder if there's a website where I can find loads of pictures in the same colour all on one website". I know I'm not interior designer but still...
The mashup directory is a good place to browse through but it's kinda like the app store. you can look under different categories to find different mashups that interest you and combine two or more of your favourite aspects of websites. There's shopping mashups, ones that help with utility prices and all kindsa things!

No comments:

Post a Comment